About The Diabetic Pastry Chef™
—Author, Diabetes Expert & Pastry Chef, Stacey Harris
I’m Stacey Harris, a Diabetes Expert—also known as The Diabetic Pastry Chef™—as featured by the American Diabetes Association®.
Shortly after attending culinary school to become a pastry chef, I was diagnosed with diabetes. Mercy!
I was devastated, as I absolutely loved to bake and loved to eat sweets. I experimented with a lot of artificial sugar-free sweeteners and was mainly disappointed with the results. I thought, there has to be a better way to bake great tasting products from my kitchen that will be enjoyable for diabetics to eat. After many experiments, I developed a formula that consistently turned out delicious confections that even non-diabetics love!
MISSION OF THIS BAKERY
As a health-conscious pastry chef, my goal is NOT to have the lowest-carb products on the market—but to substantially lower the carbs without affecting quality or taste.
Note: At this time, I do not offer or customize gluten-free pastries or desserts.
WHOLESOME, ALL-NATURAL INGREDIENTS
– The products sold in my shop use NO artificial sweeteners, preservatives or additives unless indicated. (An exception to this might be the decorations & garnishments on my baked goods.) The baked goods & confections in my bakery are handmade and gourmet quality. My products are made with care from natural ingredients of premium standard.
– Low-glycemic Whey Low® Type D Granular is the (NON-vegan) sweetener I primarily use in my sugar-free baked goods:
* 100% Natural
* 75% fewer Calories than sugar
* 70-80% lower Glycemic Index than sugar
* A patented blend of natural sugars (fructose and lactose)
* Has 5 Calories per 5 gram tsp.
* Replaces sugar one-for-one
* Only 1 Effective Carb per Serving
* Caloric value of 1 Calorie/gram (table sugar = 4 Calories/gram) supports low-calorie diets
* Effective carbohydrate content (or net impact carbohydrates) of 1 gram/teaspoon supports low-carbohydrate diets.
* Natural sugars in Whey Low® inhibit absorption of dietary carbohydrates such as starch and sucrose
HEALTHY BAKING ENVIRONMENT
My baked goods are made in a licensed, inspected kitchen.
BEST OF ALL…
You don’t have to be diabetic to enjoy my delicious sugar free pastries & confections. Everyone with good taste—from foodies to low-carbers and diabetics—is welcome.
Even better, catering and customization are available for your business meeting, wedding reception, birthday party or other group event!
I do not make or decorate wedding or birthday cakes at this time.
As a pastry chef specializing in sugar-free pastries and desserts, I do not specialize in cake decorating and cannot ship frosted cakes.
I do offer a range of cupcakes, cakelets, cake truffles, petits-fours and other attractive and delicious cake options!
The Diabetic Pastry Chef™ Cookbook
My cookbook (diabetic baking book) has been released by my publisher, Pelican Publishing Company, and is now in bookstores nationwide, including via online booksellers.
A signed copy of my COOKBOOK can be ordered online!
With Nutritional Information readily listed for each and every recipe, The Diabetic Pastry Chef™ cookbook features close to 200 recipes that range from down-home classics (Sourdough Biscuits, Cinnamon Pancakes, Banana Bread, Sweet Potato Pie, Red Velvet Cake, Gingerbread-Jam Muffins, Coconut Custard, Marbled American Brownies and beyond) to international (Flan, Pavlova, Tres Leches Cake, creamy Italian Love Cake, Nutella® Cupcakes, Pandan Chiffon Cake, etc.) to the more sophisticated (French Pears, Apricot Mousse, Madeleines, luscious Crème Brûlée, Earl Grey Bundt Cake with Chocolate Sauce, flaky Coconut Scones, Amaretto Cheesecake, Rose Petal Cake, Chocolate Truffle Cookies and more). Treats for everyone!
The Diabetic Pastry Chef™ book is a thoughtful and “tasteful” gift. Your loved ones will love it!